8/4/09

Rough Spots Ahead

There's the annual summer work party tomorrow and then a catered business lunch on Friday. I have to attend both. Aagh!

I will just have to make the best of it. Hopefully everyone will be drunk enough tomorrow not to notice what I'm eating (or not eating, to be more accurate). And on Friday, I'll try to stick to only raw foods--fruit and veg. I wish they gave out food menus in advance! The nice thing about my workplace though, is that they know some of us are veggie/vegan, so they always make sure to offer multiple options.

Maybe it won't be a total disaster. Knock on wood.

In other news, I'm not PMSing anymore! Unfortunately, this means that my iron levels are a little low. I had to eat more than I'd planned for today, but it wasn't awful. I'm still feeling in control.

I've also been battling major insomnia for the last couple of nights. I suspect that the caffeine in the diet pills is to blame. I'm not going to stop taking them though, because I think that they are playing a major part in my success right now. Seriously, I've been so disciplined lately! These pills say to take at least half an hour before meals...meaning that once I take them, I have to wait at least half an hour. Which is enough time to talk myself out of eating bad foods. I think they may be helping to curb the binge urges as well.

I've got to admit though: the worry and stress over the food situation tomorrow and Friday are definitely binge-triggering. Got to be strong! I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment