6/9/11

Oh wow.

I feel that's an appropriate way to start this post because oh wow is how I feel right now.  All floaty 'n' shit.  This is not due to lack of food, because I have been eating like a starving velociraptor in a herd of concussed hadrosaurs.  It might, however, be due to sleep deprivation.

Oh wow.

I just turned in my last final (YES YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES FUCKING FINALLY THE QUARTER IS OVER!!!).  3 essays.  I did not sleep much last night.  They may not be entirely coherent, but they are hilarious as hell.  I hope the prof has fun grading them.  I suppose I should be worried, but come on.  I'm in grad school.  Grades do not matter anymore (because all my future employers will care about is whether I have the degree) except in that I need to maintain a B average.  And I only needed a 66% on this final to have a B in the class.  So yeah.  Also, I'm just so fucking relieved to have everything over.

Oh wow.

I spent the last 3 days in a different state, doing boat training certification.  It was fun.  That's another reason I'm sleep-depped...boat classes all day, finals all night.  (One research essay due Wednesday, 3 general essays due today.)  I'm also slightly sunburnt.

I'm fucking awesome at tying knots, did you know?  And trailering.  I'm a motherfucking badass with a trailer.

The instructor gave us each pieces of rope on which to practice our knots.  I made mine into a bunny rabbit using my mad knot skillz.  I'm pretty sure that I am the reason the old-school guys think work boats are no place for females.  (One fun thing about working with boats is that its a very male-dominated field.  I'm used to being the only or one of few females.)

I'm also now covered in bruises.

Oh wow.

Today is/was supposed to be a boat day, but technical difficulties.  So now I don't know.  Might be tomorrow.  Kinda hope so, because as fun as it is to be sleep-deprived on a boat, it's not very safe.

Oh wow.

I owe you guys an FH story.  I don't really know where to start with that one.

Maybe it will have to wait.  I need to go look up tide charts now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being done with finals!!

    I always wanted to learn to tie sailor's knots. Dad tried teaching me, but he seemed frightened of my lack of patience and subsequent rage when it comes to small fiddly things. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YOU'RE DONE YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! *Grabs you and does mad spinny dance all over campus* I'll be 3/4 of the way through my last ever exams next week. October for sure. . .

    MYGAWD WOMAN! After looking up those charts go have a nap or four! You're not allowed to sink the boat from lack of sleep stupidity! D:<

    Bwahahaha, bunny-knot. You should do a Youtube tutorial for that :p

    Imma be very, very blunt with Student Health. This is like the worst possible practical joke ever, except it's not a joke! I'm going to drop a metaphorical bomb, and if it doesn't get results different from last time then FUCK IT. I'll go mad in white linen and the taxpayers can take care of me.

    You're knitting will be way better than mine, especially now you're done with finals and have time to practice :p

    Lots of love and squiddy hugs to you! Have fun on the boat <3

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete