Today I overslept and that poor start carried through the rest of the day. Class, then rush downtown to work. 7 hours at work, then back to lab and here I am now. Got to finish these samples for processing tomorrow, then read 3 more papers (actually 5, but I'm saying "fuck it" and skipping the 2 for tomorrow's lecture. I'll pretend to know what the prof is talking about), then finish filling in the data tabulation sheet, then...sleep? I don't remember and my calendar isn't in front of me, so I can't be sure. My head doesn't have enough capacity for scheduling anymore, so I stick everything on my calendar in colorful little blocks of time, 2 hours here, 3 hours there, and follow along like a little robot. Except, of course, when I slack (like now) and get behind.
I'm suddenly on-call for fieldwork tomorrow, so there goes all that time. My time blocks will have to shift forwards a day. Not so much a viable solution. I have presentations Wednesday & Friday. The one on Friday I have not even started data analysis.
Grad school = caffeine pills washed down with coffee.
When I get home I'm going for a run. Only about an hour more of lab work...
I hate how a bad start seems to flow on to the rest of the day most of the time. We need a 'reset' button to push midmorning to reset the feeling of the day.
ReplyDeleteIf it wasn't for the calendar and student yearplanner I would have never handed anything in! It takes massive balls to do postgrad. Yours must be of the highest calibre. You can do it!
Definitely take some Salix-time ever day, even if you have to cram in 30mins somewhere for a run or some pampering. Invest in your sanity to carry you through the madness of tables an numbers.
Gah, I'm sorry! Bezeri are a sentient cephalopod species in a pure-SciFi series I'm utterly obsessed with. Karen Traviss is amazing! I think Squid are cooler than Bezeri, since the bezeri are ethnocentric self-entitled genocidal assholes. So yes, squid.
Ok, the buttfucking-take-a-roll story. Omfg.
An Awesome American friend of mine is a GM for Shadowrun campaigns. Of course, his rules have a twist. Your characters flaws are ALWAYS related to 'IRL' or are in some way ridiculous. (Like the character who could run so fast he could run on water {think waterskiing physics} but was TERRIFIED of deep water, as in panic-attack-and-faint terrified)
One of the mecha-enhanced characters in the first campaign I saw had the "impulsive" flaw, which was read to be: Anything this guy does jokingly OOC during a RP session can and WILL be translated to IC, with no notice. (He once pretended to needlessly cock his mecha-arm like a shotgun before battle, which had the other guys worrying about his sanity and having to take distraction rolls during combat)
Two new people were joining the campaign and had to be given info that the impulsive bloke and the psychic leprechaun character weren't supposed to know. Impulsive Guy and the Leprechaun left the room while the new guys were filled in.
When they came back in, OOC jokes were tossed around about what they were up to. Since they were all guys and me, inevitably "Calling your mum" and "buttfucking" came up in the banter.
The IMPULSIVE guy had referred "buttfucking"
The GM caught it.
"Buttfucking? Ok take a roll"
The leprechaun then proceeded to freak out as the mecha-enhanced human character attempted to assrape him, and succeeded on a roll to mind-control the Impulsive character into punching himself in the nuts to avoid losing his ass-ginity in a crowded Shadowrun bar.
THAT was my introduction to RP. Best. Intro. EVER!
I hope you do get some sleep soon. Take care of yourself, you're important!
*Squiddy hugs*