I keep having lots of thoughts but by the time I get home I'm too tired to write them out. This is unfortunate because I think I need to.
Here's a contrast: M says always, "You're not like other girls." (He thinks most girls are high maintenance and prissy. I tell him he just doesn't hang out with the right kind of girls.) FH says, "I think you are like most people." (And he's right, of course, we're all like everyone else. But yeah, not the most romantic thing ever.)
There's still no sexytimes/physicality going on between me & FH. I haven't been pushing it. I've been doing my own thing. And nothing's changed. Except that I don't feel as emotionally invested in the relationship. I don't feel connected to him anymore. I don't feel happy just by being around him. It sucks. I tried to bring it up today--since it's been a while now with no pushing yet no change--no tears, no nothing, totally calm...and he just shut me down immediately. Said, "We talked about this." I said, "Yes, but it's been a while and nothing's changed. And it's important to me." He said, "I don't know what you want me to say. We talked about this already." And that was that. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I can do anything anymore.

Is he slowly transitioning you back into the friend zone or what?
ReplyDeleteIt seems like he either doesn't recognize or doesn't care that the intimacy is draining away from your relationship. =/
Either of those scenarios sucks, but in the former, you could tell him you don't feel any closeness and he might want to fix that.
Or...Idk. The picture you chose to go with this entry is giving me entirely different ideas than the ones I originally had just reading the words on my phone earlier today.