1/14/12

Beauty is pain.  Apparently.

My latest foray into this has involved cold showers and epilation.  I "got my hair did", as the folks in my hometown would say.  It involved dye, so now I am taking only cold showers (and warm showers with a shower cap) in the hopes of not messing with the color too much.

I'm also completely sick of shaving and never have time to do it, plus disposable razors are annoying.  So I bought myself an epilator...which basically is a bunch of motorized tweezers.  OUCH.  It leaves my legs so nice & smooth though.  I bought some OTC numbing spray; perhaps that will help.

Thesis is still...BLAH...in the best of terms.  But I begin to be hopeful again.  For a while it almost looked like I was going to have to completely re-do my second chapter (like, new dataset, everything).  Now it just looks like a few analysis revisions and I'll be okay.  So I'm about a month behind on my timeline, but not more than that (I hope!).

FH and I are going to watch a movie now.  And I'm going to get slightly tipsy on wine.   :D

1 comment:

  1. You're so incredibly brave. My epilator exploded due to an adaptor failure and I'm honestly glad- I couldn't stand the ouchness! (Yeah yeah, massive sook. I know.)

    *Crosses fingers* That sounds like an Epic Save, losing a month instead of having to do a Total Redo *Touches wood*

    I hope you two had a good movie night <3

    ReplyDelete