10/28/09

In response to Tom Bailey's comment:
Really?  I do not harbor any illusion of being interesting.  Except to myself, of course, as I am the one involved in all my life's drama.

Also, the concept of achieving my goals...that's bloody difficult when you don't know exactly what your goals are!  I have no idea of what I want in life, in myself.  I mean, obviously I'm on some sort of track: finishing college, grad school, research.  But that all seems so abstract and out-of-reach right now.  I do have GWs, etc.  But they are only numbers.  I think that my ultimate goal is to have some sort of control.  And it seems like the only part of my life right now that I can control is what goes into my mouth (though even that is uncontrollable at times!).

I am aware that explanation is horribly stereotypical and cliche.  It is the best I can do right now.  In actuality, I don't know why I am this way.  I've been handling it for nigh on seven years now.  It is a part of me.  I wish desperately that it wasn't; that I could be normal for once in my life.  But I do not think I can.  I am not strong enough to survive adrift, without my rock of an ED to cling to.

1 comment:

  1. I also harbour the illusion of you being interesting.

    OMG our madnesses coincide!! :D

    *Cracks out diet ice cream soda for a crazy party*

    ReplyDelete