i am broken down, falling apart
all I want is to disappear. just to not exist anymore.
i am pretty sure this is the closest i have come to suicidal thoughts in a while
don't worry though. i would never actually kill myself. i'm too cowardly.
plus i've thought ages and ages on ways to do it but i can't figure out a way that wouldn't hurt someone else
nothing messy because, god, think about whoever found me. it'd probably scar them for life. i can't do that to some innocent. so knives are out, guns are out, overdose is out. knives wouldn't work anyway; i can't even cut myself properly. and overdose is not 100% certain to work. if i kill myself, i want to fucking die. no attempted suicide for me, thanks.
i think d would be upset if i killed myself. i'd need to make it look like an accident. that way no one feels guilty. you're sad for a bit because you feel you should be and then you move on. that's how life goes.
a car accident would work. everyone knows i am a terrible driver. except then i run the risk of hurting others. so i guess that's out. i could drive into a tree but then what if i don't die?
drowning's out because i am a great swimmer and everyone knows that. concrete weights and the lake would work too. i could just disappear. probably no one would ever find my body either, so there's that worry gone. only i guess that would be pretty difficult on d as well. which would hurt more? having your girlfriend disappear? or having your girlfriend die? i think the uncertainty of the former would make it harder to move on. not that d would have a problem with that. he's good at moving on. still though. i guess it would be easier for people to have the closure of death. an obituary in the paper and whatnot.
i could go scuba diving with the wrong mix of air. but i'd have to get the tank filled and the guys at the dive shop wouldn't be that careless. i guess i'd just have to stay out too long. a little more effort, but the same result. i could tinker with the air gauge to make it look like i had more air; everyone would just assume i'd not realized i was running out. the only drawback to drowning is that you bloat up and that's gross. but a wetsuit would make it less so. i probably wouldn't scar the people who found me. at least not too bad. when you're wearing scuba gear you look much less human and more alien. plus no blood or guts or anything.
i could just fucking starve to death, if my body would let me. i'm so sick of this.
i'm being stupid and melodramatic and angsty. sorry guys. i really shouldn't post this because i shouldn't worry you all and anyway, i'm going to let d read this again eventually, really i am, and i don't want him to see this but i am trying to be honest and honestly i am in a really really bad place right now.
i'm not going to kill myself though. don't worry about that. much as i may think about it, i'd never have the guts to do it. and i don't think i really want to die. i want things to be easier and my brain thinks that if i weren't around they would be. really i just want not to exist anymore.
I can't speak for anyone else, but this entry reads like my own internal monologue from time to time...although I'm a little less concerned about hurting others and a little more vain.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big fan of the idea of looking hideous in my non-living state.
I think in certain ways it's good (not good, good...you know, more like useful) to imagine because then you're reminded how all the people involved in our lives become the people involved in our deaths.
Our coworkers, family memembers, lovers, friends, etc...I think about how much I miss them when I'm busy and can't see them as much as I want, and then I amplify that feeling times a thousand and recognize that that is how much they'll miss me if I'm dead and can't be met up with for coffees or dinners anymore.
It helps somewhat, thinking about how much love I'd miss out on giving/receiving if I did manage to deep-six myself.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way at the moment, though. I hope you're able to find something that lightens the burdens you bear.
xoxo
I'm past the point of caring about scarring the people who find my body, but I know from experience that my niece and nephew are old enough to remember me, and I don't want to give them the same kind of memories I have :/
ReplyDeleteZomg you can scuba dive? Can you teach me? We could go to aussie and explore the great Barrier Reef or play with the whales in Kaikoura. That would be so much fun! Can we one day? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? You can pass it off as 'Field Research' for a PhD and get a grant to pay for it, and I'll work my little arse off selling books and knitted shit to raise funds. We could crash at my uncle's place and spend accommodation money one stupid stuffed kangaroos and opal jewelery. (Aussie beer isn't worth drinking)
OMG!!!! What do you say?