12/2/11

Some good things and some bad things and some thing things.

Car is still sad and banged-up.  Dude responsible is being annoying.  I just want to get the damn thing fixed and move on with my life.

Something is screwed up with my health insurance and suddenly they say they won't cover my HPV.  WTF??  I got it specifically because the docs at student health told me the student insurance covered it.  I need to call and make a fuss at insurance company.  Grrrrrrr.

Still too much food.  Still too much work.  Still too heavy.

Okay, bad things over!  Now good things:

FH comes home tonight.  And (poor thing) he will be tired and jetlagged because his flight gets in late (factor in time difference and it makes it very late) and because conferences are always exhausting.  But there will be hugs and cuddles at least.

I met with advisor and I am still (he thinks) on track with thesis & timeline, etc.  Which means that I will have a degree in about 6 months.  YIKES.  I freaked out to labmate over this.  "But I haven't learned anything!  I'm stupider than when I started here!  They can't give me a degree!"  He just looked at me.  Then one of our lab workers came to get me to answer a fish dissection question.  So I guess I have learned something after all.  I can poke at the insides of fish.  Useful.

It's kind of like how I don't feel like an adult ever.  I always thought it would feel different to be an adult and I keep thinking that it will feel different to have a graduate degree.  But apparently not.

I sort of got offered a job after I graduate (assuming that I can keep to my timeline).  Advisor also says he'd be happy to have me stick around for a PhD (assuming there's funding).  Things are falling into place.  It's nice to have plans and back-up plans.

I've almost finished all my coursework for this semester.  And I will have no courses next semester.  YES.

Tomorrow I am going to sleep in with FH.  Then office.  So much more work to be done.  So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment