10/19/10

I went to the store today and was brave.  I bought a new brand of yogurt and a new brand of cereal.  And a microwavable pasta meal (I had a coupon and it was the only one that was veg).  So I had pasta for dinner tonight.  And I am kind of freaking out.  In fact, I am freaking out a lot.

i will not binge i will not binge i will not binge

Pasta is too scary.  I cannot handle it.  No more pasta for a while.

But really, self, you are being nonsensical.  This pasta meal was a single serving.  240 cals.  You ate it slowly.  You did not binge.  You have had 3 meals today and you even ate an apple for a morning snack.  You have had plenty of food so I know you are not having binge-urges because the body is starving.  You are having binge urges because pasta is not a safe food and you are feeling bad for eating it and you are feeling panicky and you want to punish yourself.

It's not going to work.  Stop thinking these irrational thoughts at me.  I am stronger than you are and I say it is ok.  This pasta is ALLOWED.  This meal is NORMAL.  You have not fucked up, you are right on plan.  IT IS OK TO EAT A SINGLE SERVING OF PASTA.  It will not make you instantly fat.

I am going to drink some tea and try to get some work done.

i will not binge i will not binge i will not binge

I WON'T, DAMMIT!

2 comments:

  1. Don't binge! Knit! Keep dem hands busy woman XD

    YES it IS ok to have a serving of pasta! STFU brain, stop being a tard and stressing Salix out! She doesn't deserve to be punished for pushing out of her comfort zone like that, she should be rewarded! Quit with the bad feelings and pat her on the back FFS!!

    I hope you managed to win this battle against the binge monster, love. I'm so proud of you for being brave and trying the pasta! Hold my hand while I drink orange juice? 0.0 That shit terrifies me unreasonably.

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you talked yourself out of a binge. Logic is fun sometimes, and sometimes, it even works.

    I just imagined you wearing the face paint from Bravehart in the dairy aisle of the grocery store. I dunno if that will amuse you as much as it's amusing me, but I figured sharing is caring.


    :B

    ReplyDelete