10/21/10

So much to do and not enough time.  I am buried beneath stacks of papers and programming homework and data analysis that I have no idea how to do.  There is so much that I do not know where to start.  I think caffeine consumption must go up.  No more limiting the intake to 1 cup of coffee per day (black).  I had a diet coke at the department shin-dig today and took another one for the office.  I'll try to stick to only 1 coffee a day and no soda...just lots and lots and lots of green and oolong tea.  Something must change.  I am not getting enough done as it is.

I am a bit worried about food--sleep deprivation increases binge-urges.  Oh well, caffeine suppresses them.  Maybe it will balance out?  I must get this stuff done.  There is no other option.  I cannot slack off until this proposal is submitted, until I get published, until I have read all there is to read on my topic and can quote the influential people in my field on a whim.

Yum work.  I love it and I hate it but I love it more.  I just wish I had more than 24 hours in the day.

Food is still going well.  There was a fruit plate at the department thing so I got some tasty fruit.  Not much else was vegan except for the pita chips and hummus and babaganoush.  I got some chips and babaganoush but I couldn't make myself eat them.  They weren't planned.  Of course, neither was the fruit, but fruit is safe.  So looks like I do okay with sudden modifications when they are safe?  Good to know.

Tomorrow I am meeting with two VERY influential people (one in the exact field I am in, one in the other field that I have been in but am not doing current work in now).  Breakfast with one, just an office meeting with the other.  I need to look up the breakfast menu for the cafe we are meeting at.  I hope it is online!  So I will be getting all dressy and pretending to be smart.

Bluh.  Time to do more work.  I need to go to bed earlier tonight so I won't accidentally oversleep tomorrow.  THAT would be an awful first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment