I have caught a cold and I am miserable. Fantastic, and on a weekend where I have so much work to do. I have gotten next to nothing done today and my head is so fuzzy and muddled that I cannot think straight.
D gave me advice on what to get (my mother is not a proponent of traditional medicine; her response to colds and such was always "ignore it and it will go away". She sees any form of illness as a weakness and has no sympathy. Sometimes if we were lucky, we got orange juice when we had colds (usually we didn't have juice in the house--water was the drink of choice. Anyway, point is that I have no idea what kind of medicine I am supposed to take for any particular ailment. Whereas D's parents are both doctors and so he knows right away what medicine goes with what symptoms) and I went to the drugstore in the wretched snow.
It has been 11 months since I promised that I would never take laxatives again, and I still find myself noticing them in stores. I wonder when that will stop.
Storebrand dayquil, nyquil, and ibuprofen. And a packet of caffeine pills. Girl cannot live by coffee alone. Not with the amount of work I have. I won't take them if I don't need them. At least until I get over this cold, anyway.
I suppose that was not the healthiest choice to make. I'm rationalizing it away--so much work, no coffee at home, so tired lately...but really I suspect the impetus behind the action was the promise of a sped-up metabolism. The scale has not been friendly lately. And while I know that is likely because of PMS, it's still difficult to handle.
Speaking of PMS, I wish to goodness that the red tide would just fricken get here already. I want it over and done with before D's visit. Just in case.
PMS and a cold? That's terrible!
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope you feel better soon.