3/5/11

Car is in shop, Salix is at neighboring coffee place.  I'm too lazy to walk home (plus I inexplicably chose to wear heels today.  They are incredibly adorable, but they are not good for hiking up the hill back to my apartment).

Also, I'm more likely to get work done here than at home.  And I need to be ahead on work so that I can slack off a bit while D is here.

New favorite caloric coffee drink: soy cafe misto.  70 cals and yummy.

They have promised me that car will be done by 4 pm.  It better be.  I would be angry otherwise.  And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Picking D up from airport tonight!!  So many things to do before then...car, work, shower (and shave my legs!!), wash bedsheets, clean room, vacuum room.  Fucking water wouldn't warm up this morning when I wanted my shower, so nothing to do but wait and try again later.  I flat-out refuse to wash my hair and shave my legs in freezing cold water.

Ok.  Enough procrastination.  Work time now.  4 more proposal reviews to read.  One essay to write.  Also some stats homework, but I can't do that today because E from the lab borrowed my stats book for the weekend.  IACUC is being a bitch about certification and he needs literature that says 30 samples is a perfectly legitimate sample size.  No, data on 10 samples would NOT be sufficient.  Do you have any idea how much of a reduction of statistical power that would be?  Ridiculous.  30 samples is the standard minimum for n.  This is common knowledge; you'd think it would already be well-established within the review board.  Apparently not.

1 comment:

  1. I find the name 'cafe misto' so much less charming than the beverage's original name...cambric. Still delicious, just not as quaint. lol

    ANYWAY, I'm sending you some good car mojo and few more 'happy relationship' lovey mcdovey vibes.

    ReplyDelete