A post to counterbalance the angst of yesterday's post:
On Tuesday, D and P & H and I go hiking. Then we go to P & H's apartment for Mardi Gras pancake supper. I arrange myself under the blankets on the couch to re-read Neil Gaiman's American Gods, leaning up against D with my head on his chest, his arm curled around me. We cuddle like that and relax. Periodically he kisses the top of my head. It is wonderful; I feel safe and loved. Best day of his visit here, definitely.
D texts me: "Love you!" He snuggles close to me every night, makes fun of me for being cold and complains that I am stealing his warmth but he never moves away. When I'm undressing at night and dressing in the morning, he wolf-whistles at me. He comes up behind me and slides his arms around my waist, kissing my neck just the way I like. He holds his arm out for me to take when we walk together.
It's the little things that make me happy.
<3
Hey gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMy reaction is similar to your therapists. On the whole, I just want to THUMP D for his generally twatty behaviour. If he hadn't done anything AT ALL to make you happy during the vacation I would be down at Taiaroa Head training Albatross to fly up and crap on him. (Stinky FISHY crap!)
(I still think you deserve better. You're too good for him!)
Bah, shitty comment to leave on a smile-making post. I'm sorry, I'm just cranky today.
I hope you have a good weekend, love!
XOXOXOXXO!