4/3/11

Apparently his mom told him I am a jewel.  I feel kind of guilty when people compliment me (especially behind my back) because it makes me feel like I have fooled them somehow.

He always listens to Soul Bossa Nova (the Austin Powers theme song) after a break-up.  Wonder if he did that this time?

I cued it up on YouTube and did.  And then the Pink Panther theme song (for no reason other than I like it and it was there).

Wanna know what else is on the break-up playlist on my iPod?  Of course you do.  Some of these are left over from the long ago break-up with M.  The awful pop ones.  M & I had very similar tastes in music, so when I was making that playlist, it was hard to find songs that didn't have some sort of "us" connotation.  Except pop music, because he always refused to listen to that.  Coincidentally, that summer I was at an isolated field station with 5 other girls who only listened to pop music.  Music did not play as integral a part in D & my relationship, so the urge to find songs he'd disapprove of isn't there.  But some of the old pop break-up songs still apply.

Anyway.  Salix's Break-up Playlist:

Good-bye by Kristinia DeBarge
Bowling Ball by Superchic[k]  --(What makes this funny is that D hates bowling.)
You're Nothing Without Me by Belinda Carlisle
No Hard Feelings by Bloodhound Gang
Womanizer by Britney Spears  --(Maybe slightly inappropriate.  I know D would be pissed if he knew I was characterizing him this way.  But going by numbers...I was what, girlfriend #20? 21?  He doesn't even know for sure.  As LG put it to me once, D likes women.  This song was originally on the playlist because I was angry at M for getting together with his next gf so soon after we broke up.  In fairness though, they're still together.)
Bust Your Windows the GLEE version (I don't know who does this song originally)  --(Because I am a vindictive bitch sometimes.)
Hey Stoopid by Alice Cooper
Shattered Glass by Britney Spears  --(I can't believe I have two Britney Spears songs on this playlist.  Stop judging me.  :/  Another leftover from the M days.  But this one is pretty damn applicable to the situation at hand.)
Wishes by Superchic[k]  --(This.  This, exactly.  I'd quote applicable parts, but I'd just end up quoting the whole damn song.)
Hole in the Head by Sugababes
Hush hush; hush hush by the Pussycat Dolls  --(More leftovers from M; not as applicable to D.)
Fairytale by Sara Bareilles
Supergirl by Saving Jane  --(Nastia Liukin's official theme song)
Brain Stew by GreenDay
I Will Survive by Cake  --(Yes, it's a cover.  I like Cake.  Also, I don't have the original.)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen
Beauty from Pain by Superchic[k]  --(I ignore the religious overtones.)
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen  --(Why yes, I do have a twisted sense of humor.)
Feeling Good by Muse  --(Another cover.)
Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper  --(Sick sense of humor again.  Plus, the trumpets in this song are sexy.)

Alright.  Time to go to the office and get some readings and data analysis done.  Gonna be listening to this playlist on repeat, I think.  :P

*Edit*
I just realized that D actually would hate at least half the songs on this list.  That I managed to do that unintentionally makes me giggle.

2 comments:

  1. nice playlist. thanks for posting the links, i'm often too lazy to look up songs when people post their favorites. &i highly doubt that compliments about you come about from you fooling people. you seem like a pretty fantastic creature. anyway, stay strong darling.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck YES Alice Cooper! :D I LOVE YOU!!

    You need to listen to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-8cuWBzZzs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVSswBCr00o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKLwCQfB_OU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6poXoO224E
    Part of my breakup list. Needed the boost from these BIG time when Robbus got engaged less than 3 months after dumping me, the asshole.

    His Mum is so right!!you are fucking PRICELESS!! The prettiest, shiniest most colourful Paua Pearl in the whole wide ocean.

    *Glomps*

    ReplyDelete