4/16/11

Finally finally got some sleep.  I am sore and I have bruises in random spots on my body and a cut on my thumb, but we got some good-looking data so it's all worth it, yes?

Also I got a lot of good thinking done.  I don't know what it is about water, but it calms me like no other.  I don't know.  I've never been able to explain it.  Being on the water just makes me happy.  This is why I love the beach so much too.  Water is my special place.

Anyway.  So lots of things happened and I had many thoughts and now I don't know where to start because there was so much.

I'm going hiking with some people from my grad class soon.  Some of them are camping overnight, but because I am stupid and disordered I did not feel brave enough to eat dinner and breakfast in front of them (and vegan is no excuse in this situation because a couple others are too, so I know there will be veg-friendly food).  I hate ED.  I also always feel very awkward in social situations and worry that I ruin them by being there.  Especially because I still don't feel that I quite fit in with this group.

After one particularly long boat day in which I was irresponsible and let myself get very dehydrated, I came home and saw a nice number on the scale.  It left as soon as I re-hydrated myself, of course, but this morning it was back plus 0.5.  So that means I should see it again soon.

I went to the vegan store near my house and bought an excessive amount of food, considering that I actually haven't been eating anything but soup lately.  Oh well.  I suppose it will just sit in my fridge/freezer until I feel like eating again.

I discovered the holy grail of showers.  It is in my basement.  The shower in the bathroom next to my room (which I have been using since last September when I moved in) is horribly awful.  And one day after the boat I tried to take a shower.  Waited 30 minutes and the water was still going from ice-cold to luke-warm.  So I went downstairs to the apartment manager's room and told him, very calmly, "I have waited 30 minutes for the upstairs shower to warm up and it has not.  I have been on a boat since 5 this morning and I am tired and dirty and I really really REALLY need a shower right now."  And he said, "Have you tried the basement shower?"  Whoa.  There's a basement shower?  Turns out, yes, there is.  And it is scalding hot with wonderful water pressure.  BEST SHOWER EVER.  I am never using the upstairs shower again.  Though I think that manager is now trying to get it fixed.  I guess my mother was right for once--the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

D's been on my brain, but when is he not?  Especially because I know that at this very moment he is approximately 3 hours away from me and I know he found out for sure about grad schools yesterday and I have not heard anything from him at all.  I feel I am making at least a bit of progress in thinking through things though.  I don't know.  Too many thoughts and not enough time to talk about them right now.  I have to go pick people up for this hiking trip.

I missed you guys.  Much hugs and love and probably more strange obsessing and ranting later.

<3

3 comments:

  1. that shower sounds amazing!
    hope you're okay lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for a bath. Not a shower, a bonafide bath. In a deep tub, like a clawfoot tub. Oi. Luxuriousness.

    I'm glad you're going on a hiking trip, even if it isn't overnight. You'll enjoy the hike and sometimes...sometimes you find you DO fit in, if you let yourself forget the reasons you ever thought you didn't.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water has that effect on me too. Guaranteed, if I have access to somewhere I can swim, I will stay in the water until my fingers and toes are so wrinkly they look like raisins. And I remember at least one time when I took about 30 or 40 pictures of the same patch of water, capturing the way the ripples changed from moment to moment. I'm jealous that you get to go outside for part of your research - all of mine is in a lab.

    The hike sounds like it will be fun, and good for you. Whenever I've gone through a rough patch or rough end in a relationship, I've found spending time with other people really helps - even if you don't really feel up for it, and even if you're not that close to them. It still seems to help somehow.

    ReplyDelete