4/10/11

Salix = tired bunny.  Bleh.

No.  No it is not.
Last night I went to the symphony and it was AWESOME.  I got all dressed up in my flowy black concert dress (with a cover-up because it is still very cold here) and cute heels.  Sometimes I forget how much fun it is to dress up.  I'm always wearing jeans & a sweatshirt with hiking boots/rain boots.  I need to find more occasions to wear dresses.  This would probably be easier to do if the weather here were warmer.

Weight has been fairly stagnant for 3 days now.  But whatever.  I'm wearing a size S t-shirt today and I don't look gigantic so I'm trying hard not to care what the scale says.  Stupid scale.

Tomorrow and Tuesday and Wednesday are all-day boat days.  Which means I will have to eat lunch.  Which means, body, that you need to be okay with solid food again.  Soup does not work too well on boats. Actually, anything sloshy doesn't work very well on boats.  Last time we went out I ended up spilling Powerade Zero all down my front because we hit a wave just as I took a sip.

I'm babbling because I don't want to go do my work.  :P  I had originally planned to get through some more file analysis this weekend--computer + iPod + no-one else in the lab = happy Salix (because then I get to sing).  And then work exploded in my face.  Sooooo now I am in the office organizing the boat schedule for this week and then writing a paper and then reading a paper and then writing a paper about the paper I just read.  And also at some point loading gear onto the boat.  GAH.

I had weird dreams about D last night.  In one of them, we were hanging out being all happy and jokey and he said something adorable and I leaned in to kiss him and he pulled away.  And then I remembered: I'm not allowed to do that anymore.  In the other, I gave him a present (birthday?  graduation?  I don't know what for) and he HATED it and got really really angry at me.

This song is how I feel today: Vanilla Twilight by Owl City.

1 comment:

  1. 0.0 Is that a workalance or a work-nami? Either way it's HORRIBLE!! Although YAY for boat days! :D Pity you can't make a soup popsicle or something (Ok, that just sound gross now i think about it!)

    Thank you for your view on the 'Serious Question'. I'm so fucking ANGRY at the hippies in question right now I don't trust myself to speak to them. Which will make Wednesday interesting since I have to present the info from Rowan about the long-term effects of using Jumping Stilts 0.0;

    Yay! Squiddy hugs! :D Squiddy hugs to you for your Monday as well. Speaking of classowrk, wanna come round for a Kurosawa marathon? :p

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete